Meet Trusts and Estates Coordinator Ryan Rasmussen
As a UGA alumnus and lifelong Bulldog fan, Ryan Rasmussen is excited to be back at the University of Georgia as Trusts and Estates Coordinator for DAR’s Office of Gift and Estate Planning. In his new position, Ryan is most excited to have the opportunity to ensure a donor’s gifts and passion for UGA are honored.
After his graduation from the College of Family and Consumer Sciences in 2017, Ryan spent time on the West Coast gaining valuable experience in financial planning and strategic giving. This experience helps him aid the Gift and Estate Planning team through:
- Serving as a Liaison to Executors and Trustees in the estate and trust administration process.
- Monitoring and tracking the status of pending estates.
- Assisting with closing and booking planned gifts.
- Providing information regarding complex giving strategies.
- Collaborating with donors and their legal and financial advisers to strategize, secure, and document current and future gifts.
The Gift and Estate Planning team creates a space for donors to discover how planned giving can help them make a positive impact by exploring their values and building a plan for a gift that meets their goals. If you or a donor have any questions about leaving a legacy through planned giving, getting started is as simple as contacting Ryan or any member of the Gift and Estate Planning team.
Pictured above are Ryan and his wife, Faith, at a UGA Alumni Chapter event. Faith is a UGA alumna and the Admissions, Diversity, and Engagement Director in the J.M. Tull School of Accounting. Ryan and Faith met during their time as students in the College of Family and Consumer Sciences.