We work with absolutely incredible people—and we all have varied interests and experiences, which adds to the unique makeup of the University of Georgia. We’ll be regularly spotlighting a few rock stars from around the division so that even if you don’t cross paths with them in the break room or Zoom with them on a weekly basis, you can get to know colleagues who can enhance your work life and productivity.
Without further ado, please enjoy our Q&A with Calli Choe …
Name: Calli Choe
Title: Senior Presidental Stewardship Coordinator, Donor Relations & Stewardship
- I write personalized acknowledgements for major gifts on behalf of President Morehead; manage Presidents Club mailings and the Presidents Club Honor Roll of Donors; plan and execute the Philanthropy at Work Society (PAWS) Reception; assist with Thank A Donor Day and Presidents Club Reception duties; and oversee our student workers.
- What might people not know about your job? Donor relations professionals love making people cry … tears of joy!
Where can we find you?
- Online: ude.agu@eohckc
- On Campus: Quarters B, Health Sciences Campus
- At home: Athens
Time in DAR: 9 years (10 years in January 2023)
- Why do you love working here? I love and value my team so much! Everyone brings something special to the table, and we learn so much from each other.
- What have you been most proud of working on? I was most proud of leading the PAWS reception for the first time in 2019. Planning events is fun; it gives me a chance to be creative.
Where did you grow up? Lawrenceville, Georgia
Tell us about your family. I live with my husband, David, and our two cats, Cece and Carl.
On a typical Saturday evening, you can find me… Having game nights or movie nights with family.
Outside of work, I’m passionate about… Cooking, working on home improvement projects, hiking and traveling with my husband, spending time with my family, and giving my cats the best life I can.
Favorite podcast? I listen to a lot of podcasts, but some of my favorites are Serial, 60 Songs that Explain the 90s, Office Ladies, and Stuff You Should Know
Lately, I’ve been watching… House of the Dragon
A song that really pumps me up is… “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen
Something you might not know about me is… I have a knack for remembering random pop culture trivia, which can make me a useful trivia team member!
My dream vacation (cost and time aside) would be to visit…I would love to stay in a bungalow on the water at a luxury resort in Bora Bora.
We hope you learned something new about Calli and her role helping to recognize and steward our donors. And if you’re ever in need of a trivia night ringer, you know who to call!