UGA’s story began with a gift. We’re writing the next chapter.
In 1784, the Georgia General Assembly gifted 40,000 acres for what would become the birthplace of public higher education. Centuries later, the UGA Office of Development pursues that same spirit of philanthropy. We do everything in our power to make giving easy, steward gifts effectively, and honor each and every donor’s commitment because we know that through their generosity, blueprints become buildings, research becomes solutions, students become alumni and the University of Georgia gets a little bit stronger every day.